Full-Time Lead Preschool Position
The lead teacher is responsible for presenting a Christ-centered, age-appropriate curriculum to children of their classroom age. The lead teacher also serves as a supporter of the family unit, communicating on a daily basis with family members to ensure the success of the whole child- spiritual, physical, emotional, and intellectual. Through engaging lesson plans, the lead teacher helps children get to different milestones at their own pace and developmental level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The lead teacher of Victory Early Learning Academy will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Creating age-appropriate weekly lesson plans handed in before start on Monday morning
- Create a safe and welcoming environment by keeping room clean, orderly and by engaging each family as they drop off and pick up with a friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Keeping children safe by monitoring at all times
- Encourage exploration through well-planned centers
- Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities provided by the Agency
- Reports all staffing and classroom concerns to director or assistant director in a timely manner
- Completes and reports any symptoms of child abuse to child abuse hotline and director
- Completes HiMama reports and keeps and open line of communication with family
- Ensures that the Assistant Teachers are kept updated in all matters concerning the classroom and program, i.e. Lead Teacher Meetings, lesson plans, policies & procedures, training received
- On an on-going basis, plan, evaluate, and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child
- Prepares developmental progress reports as needed
- Attend special events held by VELA
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education
- Commitment of one-year employment as lead teacher
- At least two years of experience teaching in the Early Childhood classroom
- Active member of Bible-believing church, preferably Victory Church
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
Ready to apply? We’re excited to meet you! Please email your resume, cover letter, and any additional documents (ie. the portfolio of your favorite lessons!) to Mary Beth Christofis, Director of Victory Early Learning Academy: [email protected].
You can learn more about Victory Early Learning Academy and our values here!