Assistant Teacher Position
The assistant teacher is responsible to assist the teacher in planning and implementing a Christ-centered, age-appropriate curriculum for children of their classroom age. The assistant teacher also serves as a supporter of the family unit, communicating on a daily basis with family members to ensure the success of the whole child- spiritual, physical, emotional, and intellectual. The assistant teacher helps the children get to different milestones at their own pace and developmental level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The assistant teacher of Victory Early Learning Academy will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of lead teacher’s weekly lesson plans
- Create a safe and welcoming environment by keeping the room clean and orderly
- Keeping children safe by monitoring at all times
- Encourage exploration through well-planned centers
- Assist lead teacher in preparing developmental progress reports as needed
- Completes and reports any symptoms of child abuse to child abuse hotline and director
- Reports all staffing and classroom concerns to the director or assistant director in a timely manner
- Participate in on-going in-service and educational development opportunities provided by the Agency
- Attend special events held by VELA
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- At least two years of experience working with children
- Active member of Bible believing church, preferably Victory Church
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
Ready to apply? We’re excited to meet you! Please email your resume, cover letter, and any additional documents (ie. the portfolio of your favorite lessons!) to Mary Beth Christofis, Director of Victory Early Learning Academy: [email protected].
You can learn more about Victory Early Learning Academy and our values here!